If you’re a teacher who wants to inspire brilliant writing in your classroom, then Teach Primary's new podcast series 'Author In your Classroom' includes advice and ideas from some of the world’s best children’s writers, with every episode supported by free resources from plazoom.com.
You can listen now to the following 30 minute episodes starring these brilliant Puffin authors:
- Episode 1, Plotting and Planning with Robin Stevens, author of the Murder Most Unladylike series
- Episode 2, Creating Characters with Sam Copeland, author of Charlie Changes Into a Chicken
- Episode 3 Building Fantasy Worlds with Jamie Littler, Frostheart
Presenter Helen Mulley (Teach Reading & Writing Magazine) asks the questions that will unlock the secrets of really brilliant writing, so your pupils can add a touch of professionalism - and magic - to their own work; from why one word is better than another, to creating characters and planning plots.
To accompany the podcast you'll also find all these brilliant resources on plazoom.com including:
- Teacher notes
- Book extracts in print and as audiobook clips
- Illustrations and author quotes for a working wall display
- Story planning sheets
- Story writing sheet