Puffin Schools has been created by the children’s publisher Puffin to help bring together all the inspiring content we create for schools into one place.
Save 10am Friday 13 November in your diary for an extra special show to celebrate Puffin’s 80th birthday and inspire the next generation of Puffin authors and illustrators! Over 30 minutes the show will explore how reading, drawing and writing can inspire pupils to dream big, with lots of interactive exercises they can try out as the show happens. Presented by Radzi Chinyanganya, here’s what you can look forward to:
- Storytime with Tom Fletcher, who’ll be reading from The Danger Gang
- Draw-along with Benji Davies who’ll be showing you how to draw a Puffin from his and Michael Morpurgo’s new book, The Puffin Keeper
- A tour with Jeff Kinney of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid studios
- How to write a new story inspired by your favourite book with Catherine Doyle, author of Miracle on Ebeneezer Street (which is inspired by A Christmas Carol!)
- Writing about funny families with author and comedian Humza Arshad
- A completely disgusting anatomy quiz with Adam Kay
- The premiere of the Into Film and Puffin Big Dreams on Screen winning film
Let us know you’re watching and get your event kit by signing up and sharing your photos using #PuffinDreamer
The show will premiere at 10am and be available to watch on-demand from 10:30. It uses a YouTube player so please check your schools permissions.