Puffin Schools has been created by the children’s publisher Puffin to help bring together all the inspiring content we create for schools into one place.
The Illustrators Takeover
Friday 6 December
Available to view from 10 AM – and then on-demand throughout the day
Tune into the last show of the year for an art lesson with some of Puffin’s best children’s illustrators. This 30-minute lesson for children in Key Stage 2 will give pupils lots of opportunities to draw-along and hone their inference skills. Each of the very special guests will share their secrets and pupils will be able to join in creative challenges as the show happens. So don’t forget your pen and paper! By the end of show everyone watching will feel that they can tell a story with pictures too.
Send in your drawing challenges and school shout-outs to PuffinSchools@PenguinRandomHouse.co.uk with ‘Illustrators’ in the subject line by 14 November for a chance to be featured in the show!
Here is what you can look forward to:
- Frostheart is Waterstone’s Children’s Book of the Month and its creator Jamie Littler will be sharing how he’s inspired by comics and anime
- An insight into how authors and illustrators work together to make picture books with Nathan Byron and Dappo Adeola, the brilliant minds behind Look Up
- Comic character creation with the multi-talented story-maker Nadia Shireen
- A dinosaur draw-along with Shane Devries and Tom Fletcher
- Big art ideas and window painting from illustrator Kathryn Durst, who’s brought Sir Paul McCartney’s first picture book Hey Grandude! to life
Register Your Interest
Save the date in your diary and click ‘Going’ on the event on the Puffin Schools Facebook page to get the latest show news and for exclusive competitions!